First Software Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 – Errors Resolved
The wait of Samsung Galaxy S3 owner’s is over, and its first software update is released. Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S3 has got software update to build IMM76D.I535VRALG7. The update is 30.7 MB in size.
Most importantly, it has resolved the error of “No Sim”. Samsung Galaxy S3 users are very well aware of this error message “No Sim”, which kept popping out time to time on the device from the time of release of device.
There are also other error fixes along “No Sim”. Check out the list of device enhancements below:
- Improved stability and connectivity with Back Up Assistant.
- Added support for viewing the Guided Tour video’s over the Cellular Network.
- Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
- New customer care solution to improve service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
- Improved Data Connectivity when using SBeam.
- NFC (TecTile) tagging issue resolved to ensure pre-programmed text messages are accurate.
- “No SIM” pop up issue has been resolved.